- Business development
- Digitalisation & IoT
- Startups cooperating with SMEs/corporates
Open Corporate Innovation Space
How can companies and innovation providers like startups work together successfully? What are the challenges and opportunities? Discover all this and more in our two-day Open Corporate Innovation Space.
To be successful in the digital world, companies need to work in an agile way and release scalable innovations quickly. To do this, they need reliable partners who can support them, for example, in development, implementation, process change, but also in training and marketing. With nearly 80,000 employees worldwide, CGI is one of the largest independent providers of IT and business process services – and also a driver of innovation.
A special part of our solution services is the CGI Unicorn Academy (UCA). Here we combine our expertise as a large IT service provider with the agility and innovation of a startup. We adopt various approaches to the professional development of new business ideas from the very beginning and help scale ideas – for example, by closely involving the startup community, through the official partnership with digihub Düsseldorf and through collaborations with universities, associations as well as research institutions.
During our two-day Innovation Space, you will get to know us and our services better. At our hybrid Innovation Expo, for example, we will present you with some current highlights and showcases and let selected startups from the Unicorn Academy have their say. Our Innovation Stage offers exciting knowledge-sharing sessions, interviews and panel discussions on various hot topics – live and interactive.
Program Day 1
- 09.00 am – 10.00 am: Diversity Matters – Now What? – #JoinTheGang
- 10.00 am – 10.40 am: Manufacturing – Strategic Process Consulting // Manufacturing – Strategische Prozessberatung
- 10.45 am – 11.30 am: Business benefits of conversational AI and automation in customer service and sales // Businessnutzen von Conversational AI und Automation in Kundenservice und Vertrieb
- 11.30 am – 12.15 pm: New business models for non-Internet savvy customers // Neue Business Modelle für nicht-internetaffine Kunden
- 12.15 pm – 01.00 pm: Startup Journey – Data Intelligence mitScaleu
- 01.00 pm – 02.30 pm: Covid 2025 – Pandemic 5 years too early? Stocktaking and Lessons Learned in the Public Sector // Covid 2025 – Pandemie 5 Jahre zu früh? Bestandaufnahme und Lessons Learned im Public Sector
- 01.00 pm – 02.30 pm: Change in news consumption – consequences for media producers // Nachrichten-Konsum im Wandel – Konsequenzen für Medienproduzenten
- 02.30 pm – 05.35 pm: Hospital 2030 Challenges & Opportunities – what course do we have to set (business models, technology, personnel) // Krankenhaus 2030 Challenges & Opportunities – welche Weichen müssen wir stellen (Business Modelle, Technik, Personal)?
- 02.30 pm – 05.35 pm: Digitization of care from A-Z: Example of digitization & cloud transformation // Digitalisierung der Pflege von A-Z: Beispiel Digitalisierung & Cloud Transformation
- 05.10 pm – 06.10 pm: Tension field – Changes Value Chain in Pharma? // Spannungsfeld – Changes Value Chain in Pharma?
- 06.10 pm – 07.10 pm: Of people and innovations – Virtual Innovation (X-Lab) // Von Menschen und Innovationen – Virtual Innovation (X-Lab)
- 07.10 pm – 08.10 pm: Agile Change Management (Changile) – new buzzword or real gamechanger? // Agiles Change Management (Changile) – neues Buzzword oder echter Gamechanger?
- 08.10 pm – 08.55 pm: ARON (Social Media Chatbot) – from manual marketing to intelligent automation // ARON (Social Media Chatbot) – von manuellem Marketing zur intelligenten Automatisierung
Program Day 2
- 09.00 am – 10.45 am: Financial Services – Insurance Spotlight
- Field report of an insurtech that went live in just 9 months with CGI’s support
- Panel discussion with innovation drivers from various insurance companies
- 10.45 am – 11.30 am: Illumination of the market for payment solutions in general and by example of a Fintech // Beleuchtung des Marktes für Zahlungsverkehrslösungen generell und am Beispiel eines Fintechs
- 11.30 am – 01.30 pm: Cyber Security – Live Hack: How to successfully secure your company // Cyber Security – Live Hack: Wie man erfolgreich sein Unternehmen sicher
- 01.30 pm – 03.30 pm: Utilities – Spotlight
- Digitalization as a key factor in the energy transition
- Satellites for Utilities with CGI’s Geodata360
- CGI’s Digital Incubation Platform (DIP) for Hydrogen Ecosystems
- CGI Cooperation – Partnership with H2UB
- 03.30 pm – 04.30 pm: 20 years of agile manifesto, What’s next? // 20 Jahre agile Manifesto, What‘s next?
- 04.30 pm – 05.15 pm: Enemies of Agile – why your agile transformation will fail // Enemies of Agile – warum Deine agile Transformation scheitern wird
- 05.15 pm – 06.15 pm: Why EXPERIENCE DESIGN MATTERS – How to communicate successful products // Why EXPERIENCE DESIGN MATTERS – How to communicate successful products
- 06.15 pm – 08.15 pm: Unicorn Academy
- Scaleups and Corporates – match or crash?
- Unicorn Academy Startup Pitches
corporates / SMEs, those interested in starting a business, skilled crafts and trades, investors / business angels, startups
Attendees will receive the URL to the event by e-mail shortly before the event begins.
Going International – Q&A for Global Business
Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Düsseldorf
Startup Madlibs: Perfect Your One Sentence Pitch
Founder Institute Cologne